Monday has always been a little bit of a let down, what with it being the beginning of the work week and all.
So to start things out on a bright note for the week, I bring you the…
Monday Morning Musings for Work at Homers…
It’s Time to Turn Your Computer Off and Read a Book When…
- You wake up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your E-mail on the way back to bed.
- You name your children Eudora, AOL and dotcom.
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap and your child in the overhead compartment.
- You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free internet access.
- You laugh at people with 14.4 baud modems.
- You start using smileys in your snail mail.
- You find yourself typing “com” after every period when using a word processor.com
- You can’t call your mother because she doesn’t have a modem.
- You check your mail. It says “no new messages.” So you check it again.
- You don’t know what gender three of your closest friends are, because they have neutral screennames and you never bothered to ask.
- You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you Landscape
- You tell the cab driver you live at http://1000.garden/house/brick.html
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile.
- After reading this, you immediately e-mail it to your friends.
Hope that put a smile on your face and brightened the start of the work week just a bit.